Your flowers are very different from most mass-produced commerical bouquets. We grow many of the flowers in our own cutting patch, hand picking them fresh with lots of other blooms coming in from other English and Welsh growers. Of course, this limits our bouquets to what is available seasonally and locally, but we think that this makes them even more special and unique.
Keeping your Flowers looking fresh and beautiful
- Our flowers are not treated with any chemicals to preserve their life but by following a few simple tips, you can prolong the vase-life of your Bouquet. The most important thing is to feed the blooms and to stop bacteria making the stems slimy, which prevents the take-up of water and makes the water smell. We often send them in Eco Gel and this needs to be washed off once they arrive.
- Make sure your vase is spotlessly clean to prevent bacteria in the water.
- This is really really important!
- Arrange your flowers away from direct sunlight, heat such as radiators and draughts.
- Remove all leaves that will be below the water level.
- Re-cut the stems on the slant, this allows a great surface area for water take up.
- Changing the water each day will make them last longer
- Making your own homemade cut flower food
- Just add a small glass of fizzy lemonade to your bouquet’s water, and the sugar and acids in it will do the trick for you (diet lemonade doesn’t have any sugar, so won’t work as well). Or add one tablespoon of sugar, one tablespoon of vinegar and half a teaspoon of bleach to the water for best results.
Order our Seasonal Flowers here https://www.greatbritishflorist.co.uk/seasonal-flowers.html