- Sunflower is the only flower with flower in its name!
- “Helianthus” is the scientific name of Sunflower, Helia for Sun and Anthus for Flower.
- They follow the movement of the sun across the sky from east to west, and this process is known as heliotropism.
- Sunflowers are one of the fastest growing plants and they grow tall. On an average they grow up to 8-12 feet within six months.
- A single sunflower can have up to 2000 seeds.
You can’t fail but smile to see a field of sunflowers – their faces turning to face the sun as it moves through the sky, and this is reflected when they are in arrangements, whether for happy or sad occasions. These amazing blooms scream harvest time, happiness and sunshine and when you want to make a statement I can’t think of much bolder than a sunflower or two or three or four… Sunflower Facts