The Great British Florist is West Midlands Wedding Florist of the Year 2016 and has an excellent reputation for online flowers, weddings, bespoke funeral tributes and friendly, professional relations with our growing online and Herefordshire customer base.
We pride ourselves using British Flowers and offering an online next day service for many of our designs and products. We are based on a farm in rural Herefordshire and have a shop in the City.
We currently have a great opportunity to join our team as a florist.
This role is predominately farm based and preferably a full-time position. If full time you’ll be required to work 5 out of 7 days per week as standard, and must be able to work overtime as and when the role demands. As part of our team, your day-to-day duties will include all aspects of floristry including
You will need to:
- Production floristry - bouquets, posies and arrangements on a daily basis on time and on budget.
- Creating wedding flowers, from wired bouquets to arches, flower crowns, pedestals and runners.
- To work well in a team, and happy to share good practice
- To share in creating and maintaining fresh and interesting shop displays
- Budgeting and calculating volumes of flowers and foliage required
- Have a minimum of two years’ floristry production experience, (and preferably full qualifications)
- Have a flair for design and seasonal flowers
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to work with a small team of staff
- Have excellent customer service skills and be confident, professional and friendly when dealing with staff and clients alike
- Have a clean driver’s licence and be confident to drive a delivery van.
- Be physically fit and able to meet the demands of a lively, busy hard working environment
- Be fluent in both writing and speaking English
We’re looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic individual who can work well under pressure in a very busy environment. Ultimately a passion and love for floristry with a creative eye is a must!
Your salary will be negotiable.
How to Apply: Please email your CV and a covering letter demonstrating why you would be great for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org